If you are interested in submitting a script for a current or future issue, please email the following information to email@example.com.
- Please briefly list your experience with comic books.
- Social Media Links
- Title of the work being submitted.
- Do you have an art style in mind for the project?
- Page Rate: (Please note, rates are negotiable.)
- Comic, pdf or shareable link ie. Google Drive, DropBox, etc.
- Do you have a creative team? If so, please list your team members involved along with their social media links. They may also submit individual responses.
- What are your plans for this script? Is this a one-off short story? Does it feature characters from a world or universe created by yourself outside of this story?
General Contract Information
After submitting your script, the project editor will review your script. If approved, the editor will decide which issue your script will be featured in. It may be featured in the current issue or a future issue. After approval, we will send a contract to accept the plans of publication. Below are the general contract terms given to most written submissions.
The script to be produced into a comic form will be Creator Owned. You own the rights to your script and characters you may have designed.
Writers will agree to allow the company to hire artists (pencilers, inkers, colorists, letterers, character designers, etc. ) for the script and only for the purposes of bringing the script to life. The company will retain the rights to the final comic in this form only. The writer will still maintain all other rights to the script. Whether the script is a one-off comic or planned comic book series, the company will not have any rights to the continued or ongoing production of the script in question.
The writer will allow the company to print and distribute the script submitted in its completed form, in a single anthology issue, as well as a collected volume of several issues. The writer will also give the company rights to produce and sell art prints, merchandise and novelty items with or based on the art produced from the featured script for the purpose of promoting the collection.
The writer agrees to make editorial changes to the script if necessary. These may include minor edits to dialogue, additional details in scene descriptions, or possibly scene rearrangement.
Assignments will be completed at a rate of 3 pages per week. Assignments will be reviewed within 2-5 business days.
Payment will be made upon completion of the editing assignments, if any. Page rates include revisions, if needed.
Only original content will be accepted. We have a no-tolerance policy for hate. Tasteful nudity is okay. Our issues are intended for mature audiences.
You may also email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org.